English (United States)
Call us! 512-349-0334 or (877) INDUSOFT

InduSoft Web Studio Forums

Find additional forum posts in in the Forum Archives. For assistance view the Forum Frequently Asked Questions.

Indusoft V8.0SP1 Slow Performance
Last Post 03 Dec 2019 02:34 PM by Aveek. 14 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages Not Resolved
Basic Member
Basic Member

--
30 Jan 2017 04:45 AM
    Goodmoring,

I have istalled Indusoft Studio V8.0 SP1, in a new computer, and contunue developing a project original created in Indusoft V8.0. The new pc is a Win 10 OS, with 16 GByte RAM, 256 SSD and i7 3720QM CPU. The project has several pages with meters, bargraphs etc. and in general many symbols used. At this point there in no Math pages, no Drivers configured, no Databases. Only the graphics on the screens.

I have noticed a slow performance in development environment (copy-paste symbols), which is very noticeble in runtime. In runtime, when I try to open a screen with the bargrapgs, or the screen with the meters, the load delay is more than obvious.

I took the project in a Virtual Machine (inside the same computer as a host), where the VM is a Win7 OS and the performance in loaded screens was much more quicker.

Any ideas why this slow performance occurs? And how can we improove it?

Thanks for your time.

Elias Doukas
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    30 Jan 2017 06:41 AM
    Elias,

I wouldn't expect Windows 10 to be any different than 7. Here are some things to check:

1. What else is running in the background on the Windows 10 install? Antivirus scan, file backup utility?
    2. Is the PLC communicating on the Windows 10 machine?
    3. How many objects are on the screen? A simple way to check how many objects or groups of objects, add 1 object, like a rectangle. With that object selected, then look at the Object ID in the status bar. This will tell you how many objects or groups of objects.
    4. In the development environment, in the output window, right click and turn on Field Read Commands, Display open/close, and Insert date/time. This way you can look at the time it is taking for each thing in the runtime on the same machine.

These are just some quick ideas, if you need more, please contact our technical support directly.

Scott Kortier
    Senior Technical Sales, InduSoft
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    28 Mar 2017 08:53 AM
    Hello sir,

Thanks for the reply. Sorry for the delaied answer, but now is the time to continue with the project.

First of all I have the same problem in a new server machine with Windows Server 2012 R2. It seems to me that Win 10 and Win 201 R2, are very much the same.

The project am testing have only graphics. Nothing else. No drives, no tags, no math, no scripts, noting. Only the graphics for now. The computers am testing are both new, and empty from other applications. The main issue that I have is that when you are trying to open a new screen, which contains a lot of symblos (meters, bargraphs, ect) the screen delays to load all the graphics. The delay is very noticeable. This happens only in Win 10, and Win Server 2012 R2. When am trying in Win 7, the screens loads the graphics very quickly.

I will try to do the test, to measure the time needs to open the screen, but this is only if you want to know whats happening. My problem is so obvious that I haven't measure it yet.

How can I contact the technical support directly?

thanks in advnace.

Elias Doukas

--
    26 Jan 2019 10:40 PM
    You guys have a big problem with IWS after 8.0 design time is bad and getting worse all the time.

I have a MSI I7 with dual gtx 980 graphics cards 3 SSD running is raid 0 32 GB ram and I cant move graphics around without a hugh lag.

I send you 30 plus projects that all do the same thing.

--
    26 Jan 2019 11:38 PM
    IWS is so slow with Win 10. I have changed my HMI software back Kep Infilink should have never when with IWS slow!
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    06 Feb 2019 01:31 PM
    Hello again,

After several projects, and many trials in workshop I found out that IWS works fine with Win10, only with version 1609 and earlier. If you have any newer version (the last one is 1809), which is the case for most users, the lag in graphics loading is very noticeable and disturbing.

Unfortunately, I haven't seen any corrective actions in any of patches or Service packs of IWS 8.1.I haven't yet test it in SP3, which released yesterday.

Indusoft needs to do something for sure, since the problem is here from 2017.

Elias Doukas

--
    12 Feb 2019 04:58 PM
    v8.1 SP3 includes the fix:

31280 - Requirement - Improved the performance of the Development Environment when handling screens with multiple Text and Combo boxes

Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    21 Feb 2019 04:22 AM
    Hello,

I recently install SP3 in my development computer. The result in graphics performance is again poor. The problem has NOT been solved. I really feel disappointment, because I had a team viewer season with technical department, last year and tried to find a solution in the problem. One year later, and three SP later, still no results.

Win 10 remains a big headache for IWS.

Elias Doukas

--
    26 Feb 2019 07:16 AM
    We have been using Indusoft for 10+ years. I fully agree that the graphics performance is much slower with Windows 10. We have unfortunately decided to move to the Windows 10 platform and have needed to move to higher performance hardware to try and compensate for this. We are still not responsive enough. The most noticeable is when opening screens. We do have keep file in memory enabled. We wouldn't even attempt the enhanced graphics option at this point.
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    19 Aug 2019 08:34 AM
    Hello to all,
    After SP4 and the problem seems to be still here with us. Any news form the RnD team?

--
    29 Nov 2019 01:16 AM
    Hi, there:

I would like to add my experience to this post because I am suffering the same problem as you, guys. I have been working with Indusoft for > 10 years and now it is one of my tools for serving my clients. I develop SCADA and PLC programs. My designs are very graphics-based, with a wide use of icons, backgrounds and so on. and it is the clue to make my designs attractive to my clients. But, I am suffering this slowness at the design-time and also in runtime (one of my last project running in a high-performance PC is taken ~80% of the CPU). In modern design I don´t expect such a poor graphics performance, and it is not that we are using old technology: we are using the most modern PC and graphics card technology, with several Gigabytes of memory and serveral GigaHertz of power, but all these seem not to match with Indusoft requirements. For all these, I am deciding to move to another SCADA platform, with real graphics engine and good memory management, according to the times we are living. I now that Indusoft is suffering, maybe, the old-compatibility-model and maybe it is time to do a complete new design of the engine, if Indusoft wants to be a real competitive piece of software at this time of human history. A quick search on Internet about SCADA systems gives us a lot of modern SCADA systems, HTML5 based most of the time with real graphics engine and very good performance. So, I encourage Indusoft not to look in another direction and hear the demands of its old customers and put the best effort to improve the software. Take care.
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    02 Dec 2019 05:23 PM
    Questions:

Q1 - On my W10 PC, when you right click on the InduSoft icon, there is an option to 'Run with graphics processor'. Have you tried using this option? Also, there is an option to 'Change default graphics processor...'.

Q2 - What screen file extensions are you using? .SCR or .SCC? Some virus protection software may interpret the .SCR files as screensaver files and attempt to perform a virus check on the file each time you try to access it.

--
    03 Dec 2019 03:09 AM
    Hi Norman:

I am using, by default my nVidia Graphics card (but I have tried with the integrated graphics with the same result). The extension I am using is SCC. I have also tried to adapt the size of the icons to the design size to avoid the software to resize bitmaps every time it refreshes the screen, but the same result. The problem seems to be related to the number of objects. In one of the screens I am using 76 elements...not a huger number, is it?

Thanks for your comments.
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    03 Dec 2019 11:09 AM
    Puzzling.

I have an application that opens multiple screens (4, some scaled) simultaneously (on one full HD display), has over 300 objects on those screens (most animated, rotate, color change, visible, etc.), enhanced graphics is enabled, tooltips(hints) are enabled, translations are enabled, using multi-touch (pinch zoom, etc.), on a laptop with multiple displays(3), has processor cores disabled (reserved for TwinCAT), Windows 10 pro 64 bit, IWS8.1SP4, and I am not noticing any trouble in development or runtime.

--
    03 Dec 2019 02:34 PM
    Posted By Elias Doukas on 19 Aug 2019 08:34 AM
    Hello to all,
    After SP4 and the problem seems to be still here with us. Any news form the RnD team?

Hi Elias,

If you are still having performance issues please send in an email to support@indusoft.com with details. The forums will not be where we can help with an issue like this well.

Posted By J. Martínez on 29 Nov 2019 01:16 AM 
    Hi, there: 

I would like to add my experience to this post because I am suffering the same problem as you, guys. I have been working with Indusoft for > 10 years and now it is one of my tools for serving my clients. I develop SCADA and PLC programs. My designs are very graphics-based, with a wide use of icons, backgrounds and so on. and it is the clue to make my designs attractive to my clients. But, I am suffering this slowness at the design-time and also in runtime (one of my last project running in a high-performance PC is taken ~80% of the CPU). In modern design I don´t expect such a poor graphics performance, and it is not that we are using old technology: we are using the most modern PC and graphics card technology, with several Gigabytes of memory and serveral GigaHertz of power, but all these seem not to match with Indusoft requirements. For all these, I am deciding to move to another SCADA platform, with real graphics engine and good memory management, according to the times we are living. I now that Indusoft is suffering, maybe, the old-compatibility-model and maybe it is time to do a complete new design of the engine, if Indusoft wants to be a real competitive piece of software at this time of human history. A quick search on Internet about SCADA systems gives us a lot of modern SCADA systems, HTML5 based most of the time with real graphics engine and very good performance. So, I encourage Indusoft not to look in another direction and hear the demands of its old customers and put the best effort to improve the software. Take care.

Hi J. Martinez,

Please contact support@indusoft.com so we can take a better look at what is going on!

Slow performance is not typical or expected, especially if you are not dealing with thousands of objects and animations on a single screen.

You are not authorized to post a reply.