English (United States)
Call us! 512-349-0334 or (877) INDUSOFT

InduSoft Web Studio Forums

Find additional forum posts in in the Forum Archives. For assistance view the Forum Frequently Asked Questions.

Grid Sorting
Last Post 13 May 2019 03:40 PM by Desert Rat. 0 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages Not Resolved

--
13 May 2019 03:40 PM
    I'm working on an application that uses the grid object on two screens, the grid on Screen #1 for entering values and the grid Screen #2 is to view only during test runtime. The grid on Screen #1 has the following column fields: Event, Start Time (ON), and Stop Time (OFF). I'd like to be able to sort the time values if possible, for this I have two possible methods that would work for achieving this:

Method #1
    Be able to merge the two time columns into one column labelled, Time during runtime. This grid display would be on Screen #2, have two columns; Event and Time, and be sorted by time, by increasing value. Start Time is entered as (-) and Stop Time is entered as (+), so sorting the time values should be easily done, if possible.

Method #2
    Is to have two columns in Screen #1, Event and Time. Here the user would enter each event with its corresponding Start and Stop Time per row. Once all events are entered, the user can press a button that sorts the time correctly, from t = -30 to t = +30 for instance or upon changing to Screen #2 the time values would be sorted on the test runtime screen.

If there's a condition, where would I enter it? I'm using database for the Grid object and IWS 8. TIA
    You are not authorized to post a reply.