English (United States)
Call us! 512-349-0334 or (877) INDUSOFT

InduSoft Web Studio Forums

Find additional forum posts in in the Forum Archives. For assistance view the Forum Frequently Asked Questions.

Replacing the Device Name with another Device name during runtime
Last Post 11 Nov 2019 06:59 PM by Norman E. 1 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages

--
08 Nov 2019 03:03 PM
    Hello,

I was creating a project in Indusoft that will show several different waste burner trailers that are exactly the same, the overview of the trailer burner screen is attached. Each trailer burner will have a Compact Logix PLC at it and on the project ribbon under the communications tab I was able to add 2 devices 1 for the 1st burner and another for the second burner using the same .L5k file but eventually there are going to be many different trailers and devices which means that there will have to be a screen for each one and there isn't just an overview but there are other screens that will have to be made for the trailer burners as well. I was wondering if there was a way to change the name of the device preceding the Tag name since each tag name for each device is exactly the same and so is the .L5k file from the PLC. For example, on the overview screen every tag reference for each item is preceded with TRAIL_1 which is the device name for Trailer 1. The device name for Trailer 2 will be TRAIL_2 and Trailer 3 will be TRAIL_3 etc. I wanted to be able to press a button on the screen with a specific burner number on it example Trailer 2 and when that button is pressed all of the Tags with TRAIL_1 preceding the tag name will be replaced to TRAIL_2 on the screen and if someone presses the button for trailer 3 all the tags with TRAIL_2 in front of them will be replaced to TRAIL_3 and so on for each trailer number. Each trailer device has a different IP address as well Is this even a possibility? I also attached one of the Tag names with the Trailer number in front of it.

Thanks

tagname.PNGFracBurnerOverview.PNG
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    11 Nov 2019 06:59 PM
    I assume those are class tags?

If so, you can use indirect tags.

Create a tag called @MyTrail with the same type of class as the trailers.

Replace TRAIL_1. with @MyTrail. in your tag fields.

Set MyTrail to the trailer you want to look at

$MyTrail = "TRAIL_1"

You are not authorized to post a reply.