English (United States)
Call us! 512-349-0334 or (877) INDUSOFT

InduSoft Web Studio Forums

Find additional forum posts in in the Forum Archives. For assistance view the Forum Frequently Asked Questions.

Scheduler Running Script
Last Post 11 Feb 2020 11:53 AM by Norman E. 4 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages

--
08 Feb 2020 05:28 AM
    I have set up a schedule which should trigger a tag which is used to run a script. On the screen I have placed a flag so that I can see when the tag has been triggered. This never happens.

(All)
    Calendar 16:53:00 Time_To_Set_The_Clocks 1
    Calendar 16:54:00 Time_To_Set_The_Clocks 0

What I did next was to create a button to toggle this tag Time_To_Set_The_Clocks. This works OK but I now find that the script which was meant to be triggered is not triggered.

Description:
    SetTheClocks

Execution:
    Time_To_Set_The_Clocks

Variables available only for this group can be declared here.
    Dim CurrentTime, CurrentDate
    CurrentTime = $Hour*10000+$Minute*100+$Second
    CurrentDate = $Num($StrRight($Str($Year),2))*1000000+$Month*10000+$Day*100+$Weekday

'The code configured here is executed while the condition configured in the Execution field is TRUE.
    ConvertTemp()

//This is the clock on the DL06 Gas Boiler
    $Gas_Boiler_PLC_Time = CurrentTime
    $Gas_Boiler_PLC_Date = CurrentDate
    $Gas_Boiler.Set__The__Clock = 1

I Am not getting any warning message but I felt that there must be something wrong with my bit of code which prevented the script from running. I then copied the code and pasted it into the Main Procedures as a sub routine. When I call the sub with a button the code does work properly.

My problem basically, how do you get a schedule to run, and then how to you get it to run a script.
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    10 Feb 2020 12:22 PM
    Event: Calendar
    Time: 16:53:00
    Expression: RunVBScript("NameOfGlobalProcedure")

--
    11 Feb 2020 07:24 AM
    Calendar 13:06:06 RunVBScript("SetPLCClock")

I have changed the schedule as suggested, but I think my problem is that the schedule does not actually run. When I was trying it to turn a tag on and off, that never worked for me. This is not working either.

To test the script out I created a button and put the command $RunVBScript("SetPLCClock") and this works, but as I say the schedule never triggers this.

--
    11 Feb 2020 08:45 AM
    I have just discovered my problem. The software I use to backup the project folder seems to be preventing the schedules from running. I have removed the Indusoft project out of the backup settings and now it is working.

One last question, the schedule runs a global procedure "SetPLCClock". I have also created a script which is just a copy of the global sub, and given it a new name. How do I call that script or should I not be using scripts because they are for a different type of operation. The backup software is MEGAsync.
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    11 Feb 2020 11:53 AM
    The Script worksheet is designed to run continuously whenever a condition is met. If you want it to execute only once you need to create a tag that is used to execute the script and the script needs to reset that tag. This is an extra step (& tag) that is not needed when calling a global procedure directly from the scheduler.
    You are not authorized to post a reply.