English (United States)
Call us! 512-349-0334 or (877) INDUSOFT

InduSoft Web Studio Forums

Find additional forum posts in in the Forum Archives. For assistance view the Forum Frequently Asked Questions.

User Management using Security Functions
Last Post 02 Mar 2017 01:26 PM by Terry. 4 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages Informative
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

--
19 Nov 2014 12:11 AM
    Is there a symbol or example of user security management during runtime

Im thinking something with the following functionality...

-creation of new users below the logged on users security level
    -change of username
    -change of password

I thought I had already see some example code for this but cant recall where

Forum Moderator
    Forum Moderator

--
    19 Nov 2014 10:45 AM
    If you go into the contents of the Technical reference, expand the Appendix: Built-in language section (second from the bottom). About a third of the way down that list, you'll see a section for "Security Functions."

Here's a list of all of them:
    BlockUser
    CheckESign
    CheckSecurityLevel
    CreateUser
    ExportSecuritySystem
    GetLastESignUser
    GetSecuritySystemStatus
    GetUserFullName
    GetUserNames
    GetUserPwdAging
    GetUserState
    ImportSecuritySystem
    RemoveUser
    SetPassword
    UnblockUser

Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    19 Nov 2014 08:07 PM
    Yeah, I can read the manual!, there is quite a bit of work to convert those commands into a proper security interface.

I thought there was an example application that had it all already put together in a set of symbols, however I may be confused with another package...maybe Citect

Forum Moderator
    Forum Moderator

--
    20 Nov 2014 01:49 PM

Hello @bdavis,

Here is a demo application that includes most of the security functions and basically gives you a control panel to manage your users, which is what you were looking for.  Using this application as a basis, the other functions can be implemented if you need them.

How it works:

Global Tab:

1) There is a function under Procedures called "Reset2" that runs when the app starts. This functions clears, then stuffs all of the users (up to 11) into a class array filled with user names and their groups.   

2) On the Event Logger Settings, Event Logger is enabled (checked). to log to the default database (proprietary is selected). Security System and Custom Messages are selected.

Graphics Tab:

1) There is only one screen, Security.scr,  which is set as the startup screen for the project. The project is 1024x768 with Start Maximized turned off so the screen can be moved around on your desktop.

2) There is a screen script that calls the function "reset2" on opening. The while running part is for resetting the selected user buffer.

Tasks Tab:

1) Startup Script resets the Smart Message user logic to default 

2) Script 1 resets the Smart Messages to default when the 5 second timer (actually set for 10 seconds) has elapsed in the Scheduler. This is to clear the displays when a function is used and a message displayed.

3) Scheduler on change is used to maintain the user display grid.

When the app is run, the Guest (Default) user is logged on (blank password) and shows in the display. All users (up to 10) are shown in the grid object. Pushing any button will return the appropriate error message. Selecting any user in the grid object will allow maintenance on that user. (Click on the picture for a larger image.)

You can download the application here.

I hope you find this application useful.

Richard Clark

InduSoft TMS

Security Function Demo App.png

--
    02 Mar 2017 01:26 PM
    I am running this Screen (copied to my own app), but when I Click "Create User", the "Available Groups" is blank. Any ideas?

You are not authorized to post a reply.