The main objective of this topic is not the sample application itself, but how to get it to work
Indusoft uses Microsoft Technology (ADO.Net) to communicate with Database Servers. Any database server that has a .Net, ODBC or OLE Provider can be accessed by Indusoft through the Indusoft Database Gateway.
To enable the Indusoft Database Gateway (STADOSvr.exe) to communicate with PostgreSQL you'll need to add some configuration to it's initialization file, as follows:
1. Close all Indusoft process.
2. Make a backup copy of your STADOSvr.ini file.(this file is located on [Indusoft Installation Path]\Bin\)
3. Open the STADOSvr.ini file
4. On the [Providers} section, change the line where you have Count=8 to Count=9 (or if you have already configured other Providers you'll need to add +1 to that counter, so if it's 9 you change to 10, and so on and so forth)
5. In the end of the [Providers] section add the following lines:
TimeStampType9=timestamp without time zone
6. Save the STADOSvr.ini file.
At this point we have configured the Indusoft Database Gateway to use the NPGSQL (Provider) classes to communicate with PostgreSQL. There are plenty other providers to communicate with PostgreSQL, we decided to work with this one because it's free of charge (Community Maintened) and it works great.
What happens now is that if you don't have the Provider installed to your computer those classes that we just configured won't be find by the Operational System. So go ahead, download and install your NPGSQL PostgreSQL .Net Provider and install it on your computer.
You can find the installer at: http://pgfoundry.org/frs/download.p...-net45.exe
NOTICE:: INDUSOFT DATABASE GATEWAY shipped with version 71.3 IS COMPILED WITH THE .NET FRAMEWORK 4.5, you need to install a compatible version of NPGSQL, in order to work.
After this configuration you just need to configure your DataSource Settings with the following Connection String:
Provider=NPGSQL; Server=127.0.0.1;Port=5432;Database=myDataBase;User Id=myUsername; Password=myPassword;
[change the information on the connection string as needed]