English (United States)
Call us! 512-349-0334 or (877) INDUSOFT

InduSoft Web Studio Forums

Find additional forum posts in in the Forum Archives. For assistance view the Forum Frequently Asked Questions.

Pie Chart Symbols
Last Post 19 Feb 2019 08:45 AM by SKortier. 7 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

--
08 Oct 2015 04:32 PM

P i e   C h a r t    S y m b o l s

Included are two symbols:

Pie Chart: Ten pie-shaped segments, each can be a minimum of 1° to a maximum size of 360° with defined default colors as shown. Segment colors can be changed by adding the new color number to the Pie Chart “Properties” or by using a Tag value containing the desired color. The entire Pie Chart can be rotated, or it can be resized (default 100%) by hardcoding a new size into the Size Property, or by using a tag having values from 0 to 100%. Larger sizes can be used by modifying the symbol.

Pie Chart Legend: A chart showing the segment color, the value of the segment tag and the approximate percentage (rounded off) of the pie chart symbol that the segment occupies.

Click the link in the symbol name (above) to get to the specification and download page.

Feel free to reply, leave comments or ask questions about this symbol in this forum thread by pressing the "Add Reply" button or using the "Quick Reply" text entry box at the bottom of this page.

--
    14 Mar 2016 05:45 PM
    Hello,

This doesn't seem to be working on HTML5 screens correctly. The width of the pie chart is stretched and forms an ellipse. I have spoken with Miguel Meza in tech support and he suggested I post here. This is occurring in version 7.1 and 8.2.

Is there a fix to this issue?
    Forum Moderator
    Forum Moderator

--
    22 Mar 2016 03:14 PM
    Hello @dominic.francia@spacex.com,

The HTML 5 presentation is dependent on the aspect ratio of your browser. If the application and screens were not designed to fit in the display aspect ratio of your browser, then it will be stretched, unlike the secure browser which simply places grey bars on the short side of the screen, filling in the extra space. Therefore your view of the object on such a device would be an ellipse, rather than a circle. Additionally since there are so many objects making up the pie chart linked symbol (360), and the filter strings are so long, I would not expect very good operation on a small device, however this would entirely depend on the refresh rate of the data being displayed. I have heard some reports where people have tried to use it on a Windows CE device and the resources displaying the object were exhausted, with the object not entirely painting properly. This is a pretty resource intensive application and if you want to use something like it on an HTML5 browser, you should probably redesign it, perhaps using a different display technique. Here is a link to the article about building a native-object pie chart symbol: http://www.indusoft.com/blog/2015/1...eb-studio/

Richard Clark
    InduSoft TMS

--
    06 Jul 2017 04:17 PM
    Hello!
    I am having absolutely NO luck with adding a Pie Chart to my application. Is it possible to create one in excel and apply it to my app?? I downloaded the pie chart link that is listed above, but I can't seem to make it work... Please help if you can!
    Thanks,
    Colleen

--
    06 Jul 2017 05:10 PM
    This is an extremely complex symbol inasmuch as the filters need to be very specific, and each 1 degree pie shape has a unique filter. Read the article, specifications, and review the video carefully in order to understand how it works, and what is required to make it work. I would recommend downloading the application and running it independently before attempting to integrate the symbol into your application. The Excel pie chart is an ActiveX object; not part of InduSoft.

This particular symbol uses InduSoft vector graphics and can use a lot of resources when it is updating rapidly; and consequently likely will not work as expected in an embedded application. It was designed to demonstrate the capabilities of the object unless your need is specific to the object. You can also modify it to have less resolution than 1 degree, which will also conserve your machine resources during the calculations and screen updates.

--
    22 Dec 2018 05:41 AM

This doesn't seem to be working on HTML5 screens correctly. The width of the pie chart is stretched and forms an ellipse. I have spoken with Miguel Meza in tech support and he suggested I post here. This is occurring in version 7.1 and 8.2.  Assignment help

--
    05 Feb 2019 07:37 AM
    A chart is a graphical representation of data, in which "the data is represented by symbols, such as bars in a bar chart, lines in a line chart, or slices in a pie chart". A chart can represent tabular numeric data, functions or some kinds of qualitative structure and provides different info.for more:https://www.domyhomework.co/computer-science-assignment-help.html
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    19 Feb 2019 08:45 AM
    For those of you who need a Pie Chart, as of v8.1 + SP1 there is a Pie Chart included as a Custom Widget Library.

Here is a sample project:
    http://www.indusoft.com/Downloads/S...e_Download

Here is a webinar that covers the use:
    http://www.indusoft.com/Marketing/A...ice-Pack-1

And here is the project example from that webinar:
    http://www.indusoft.com/File-Manage...tryId=2060

This Custom Widget Pie is easier to configure than the symbol listed above.

Scott Kortier
    Sr. Technical Sales, InduSoft
    You are not authorized to post a reply.