English (United States)
Call us! 512-349-0334 or (877) INDUSOFT

InduSoft Web Studio Forums

Find additional forum posts in in the Forum Archives. For assistance view the Forum Frequently Asked Questions.

Binary Displays
Last Post 06 Sep 2016 03:33 PM by Richard Clark. 2 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

--
05 Apr 2016 12:30 PM

B i n a r y   D i s p l a y

These binary displays can be used to display Integer tags in binary. They can be used for troubleshooting, to display PLC bits, or to understand how to use tag properties within symbols. For example the syntax #TagName:AnalogValue_->B0 is used to show bit 0.

Click the link in the symbol name (above) to get to the specification and download page.

Feel free to reply, leave comments or ask questions about this symbol in this forum thread by pressing the "Add Reply" button or using the "Quick Reply" text entry box at the bottom of this page.

--
    01 Sep 2016 05:10 PM
    Hi tim.mock im kind of trying to do something similar to what you have going here with this binary display, i am basically sending a word form a S7-1200 PLC. I intended to do some bit stripping in IWS but i am finding it difficult to do so as i see it doesn't make mention of the "word tag type". so question is then is there any other way to individually write and read the bits of the word coming from and going to the PLC. if so please advise on how i can accomplish this. thanks
    Forum Moderator
    Forum Moderator

--
    06 Sep 2016 03:33 PM
    Hi @Zama,

You should put your question into the Technical Questions section of the forum since very few readers will see it here in the symbols discussion. Basically you can enter your binary word as an integer, then manipulate the bits in it. Each bit in the 16-bit word is addressed as $IntegerTag->Bx. Look at the Technical reference guide for more assistance under tag properties and integer tags.

Richard Clark
    InduSoft TMS
    You are not authorized to post a reply.