InduSoft is working hard on a new service pack to add additional functionality to InduSoft Web Studio. This service pack offers some great new features and capabilities for version 7.1. Here are a few of the enhancements that you can look forward to:
- Support for scripting on the Studio Mobile Access (SMA) Thin Client, based on platform independent HTML5 technology.
- Native integration with the Wonderware Historian from the Trend task of InduSoft Web Studio.
- Enhanced development environment, allowing the configuration of common properties from multiple objects selected on the screen editor.
- Enhanced the Linked Picture object to support the Rotation animation.
- Tag Integration for the Schneider M340 and Premium Devices, allowing the user to browse for addresses/tags configured in the PLC program (XSY file).
- Built-in functions GetAlarmCount and GetAlarmInfo, allowing access to information about the online alarms during the runtime, via script.
- Enhanced CEView (runtime for Windows Embedded Compact) to support pictures in additional formats, such as PNG, GIF, TIFF, and EXIF (in addition to BMP and JPG that were already supported).* The operating system image must provide the required libraries to support such formats.
- Support for Japanese MUI in the development environment of InduSoft Web Studio.
Service Pack Three is expected in Q2 of this year.