InduSoft is always busy improving the tools that make developing applications easier and quicker, and we want to share our efforts with you! We’re working on creating one new symbol each week that you can employ in your applications. Please feel free to modify and share these symbols, and tell us what you want to see! We’re always interested in hearing from you what symbols or symbol libraries you’re looking for.
Here’s this week’s symbol, a Setpoint/Level Indicator Faceplate
Custom Properties: ActualLabel, SPLabel, Max, Min, TagActual, TagSP
Description: This meter shows 2 bar graphs, one for the actual value, and one for a set point (SP) value. Increment and decrement buttons allow the user to increase or decrease the value one at a time by clicking and releasing, or up/down in steps of 5 if the buttons are held down. The set point bar graph also contains a slider to allow for easy adjustment
- This symbol currently uses the built in scripting for the increment/decrement functionality. You could change this to VBScript.
- This symbol will work for non-temperature type values as well. For example, speed settings, length, or even timing settings.
Ideas for improvement:
- Add the configuration for different color bar graphs
- Decrease the width by combining the two scales (lines) into one.
- Make the background rectangle change color based on an alarm condition, for example, red if the temperature is too high, or blue, if the temperature is too cold. Make it easier for operators to tell at a glance there is a problem.
- Create a horizontal version.
- Add gradient colors to the bars to make them more aesthetically pleasing!
Got better ideas for this? Let us know!
Copy the .sym files into your Symbol folder of where InduSoft Web Studio is installed. This is usually “C:\Program Files (x86)\InduSoft Web Studio v7.1\Symbol” or similar. Either create a new folder or copy it into an existing one, such as “Indicators”.
Want to let us know what symbols you need, or offer some good ideas on how to use the ones we’ve shared?