InduSoft is always busy improving the tools that make developing applications easier and quicker, and we want to share our efforts with you! We’re working on creating one new symbol each week that you can employ in your applications. Please feel free to modify and share these symbols, and tell us what you want to see! We’re always interested in hearing from you what symbols or symbol libraries you’re looking for.
Here’s this week’s symbol, Rounded On/Off Buttons
Name: RoundedRedGreenButton_03.sym, RoundedRedGreenButton_04.sym, RoundedGreenButtonSwitch_05.sym
Custom Properties: TagName, Label
Range (if applicable): On/Off (1/0)
Description: This symbol set provides 3 different rounded buttons with feedback (lights or switch status)
- These symbols were created primarily for use on a PC running on a desktop or server operating system, but with some slight modifications, can be made to look great on Embedded Operating Systems. You will should have “Enable Enhanced Graphics” turned on in the Project-Viewer settings.
- These are made of 100% native InduSoft Web Studio object, no pictures.
- The RoundedGreenButtonSwitch_05.sym symbol operates by pressing the large rounded rectangle not by sliding the switch.
Ideas for improvement:
- Add more Colors
- Make different sizes.
- Add status text to buttons 03 and 04
- Create blinking variations
- Add a variation that shows a slight movement or color change so you know you pressed the button.
Unzip and copy the .sym files into your Symbol folder of where InduSoft Web Studio is installed. This is usually “C:\Program Files (x86)\InduSoft Web Studio v7.1\Symbol” or similar. Either create a new folder or copy it into an existing one, such as “Buttons”.
Got better ideas for this? Let us know!
Want to let us know what symbols you need, or offer some good ideas on how to use the ones we’ve shared?