It’s easy to integrate tags from Koyo DirectLOGIC PLC (supplied by AutomationDirect) into InduSoft Web Studio projects.
This tag integration is based on the KOYO driver, which communicates with Koyo DirectLOGIC PLCs over both serial communication and Ethernet.
Before you begin this task, you should do the following:
- Review the manufacturer’s documentation for your Koyo DirectLOGIC PLC;
- Download and install the DirectSOFT programming software from AutomationDirect, and then use it to export your PLC program as a CSV file;
- Read the KOYO driver documentation (on the Help tab of the ribbon, in the Documentation group, click Communication Drivers, and then select KOYO); and
- Make sure the source device is running and available on your network, and note its network address.
To add Koyo DirectLOGIC PLC as a tag integration source:
- On the Project tab of the ribbon, in the Settings group, click Communication. The Project Settings dialog is displayed, with the Communication tab selected.
Figure 1. Communication tab of the Project Settings dialog
- In the Tag Integration area, click Add. The Tag Integration Source dialog box is displayed.
- In the Type list, click Integrated.
- In the Provider list, click AutomationDirect Koyo.
- In the Name box, type an appropriate name for this tag integration source. Note that the name will be used as a prefix on names of the integrated tags.
- Click Add. The Koyo Tag Integration dialog box is displayed.
Figure 2. Koyo Tag Integration dialog box
- In the Communication Mode list, click the platform of the source device.
|Serial||Direct serial communication|
|EthernetName||Ethernet communication by Module Name, when a broadcast router is used|
|EthernetIP||Ethernet communication by IP address|
|EthernetID||Ethernet communication by Module ID, when a broadcast router is used|
- In the Device box, type the name, address, or ID of the source device. The format of Device depends on what you selected for Communication Mode.
- Select the CSV file that you exported from your PLC program.
- Click Browse. A standard Open dialog box is displayed.
- Locate and select the CSV file (*.CSV). In most cases, the file should be saved in the Config sub-folder of your IWS project folder at: […]\Documents\InduSoft Web Studio v7.1 Projects\projectname\Config\
- Click Open.
- Click OK to finish the configuration and add the source.