This new symbol for InduSoft Web Studio features a round gauge with an additional alarm. This kind of SCADA/HMI symbol is excellent for offering contextual information to data, allowing operators to see at a glance whether current values are within ideal ranges or not. This symbol uses only native InduSoft Web Studio objects.
Range (if applicable): -10000 to 10000 (possibly more)
Description: Round gauge with alarm indicator ring and blinking icon
Notes: This symbol uses only native objects.
- AlarmBit, bool, if on the outer ring will change from green to red and the yellow triangle icon will be visible and blink.
- Decimal, int, the number of characters to show to the right of the decimal point
- Label, string, display units or otherwise label the gauge
- TagName, int or real, the value to display
Ideas for improvement:
- Add different colors
- Create in different sizes
Here’s how to use this symbol:
Copy the .sym file into your Symbol folder of where InduSoft Web Studio is installed. This is usually “C:\Program Files (x86)\Wonderware InduSoft Web Studio v8.0\Symbol” or similar. Either create a new folder or copy it into an existing one, such as “Gauges”.