This week’s symbol allows you to show process data with trends, meaning your information will have useful context that makes it easy for operators to understand at a glance what’s going on.
Trend tiles like these can show operators if equipment is functioning at optimal efficiency, or if lines are on trend to meet production goals. Values with embedded trends can also show operators whether or not an impending alarm or costly shut down is imminent.
Range: 0 to 9999 (maybe more)
Properties: Label, TagName, TagTotal, TagColor
Description: Dashboard type tile display with trend, current value (TagName), and total accumulated value (TagTotal).
- This symbol contains only native InduSoft Web Studio objects. But was designed to run on Windows Desktop and Server Operating systems. It should run fine on Web Thin Clients and Secure Viewer, but not Mobile Access thin clients
- The background tile color can be changed based on the decimal notation of the RGB color. For example, red is a value of 255, Blue is 16711680, and green is 65280
- The value is not logged by default. This can be accomplished by adding the tag to a Trend worksheet.
- There is no Min/Max setting that can be exposed to the Symbol Properties. If you need something other than 0-100, you will have to Edit the symbol.
Ideas for improvement:
- Add the ability to change the font colors
- Add different sizes
- Change the colors based on limits
Unzip and copy the .sym files into your Symbol folder of where InduSoft Web Studio is installed. This is usually “C:\Program Files (x86)\InduSoft Web Studio v7.1\Symbol” or similar. Either create a new folder or copy it into an existing one, such as “Tiles”.
Got better ideas for this? Let us know!
Want to let us know what symbols you need, or offer some good ideas on how to use the ones we’ve shared?