Temperature controls are important for a wide variety of applications, including food production and injection molding machines. This symbol was designed as an easy way to put temperature controls on an HMI dashboard or machine panel.
Range (if applicable): -99.9 to 999.9
Description: This symbol is a Temperature Controller face plate. It has limits for Minimum and Maximum values, PV value and Set Point value. The user can click on the set point value and use a popup keypad (if it is enabled in the project settings) to directly enter a value. The up and down buttons will increment/decrement by .1 if touched (clicked) and by 1 repeating if held down. It also displays the output status
- Made of 100% native InduSoft Web Studio objects, no pictures.
- This symbol was created primarily for use on a PC running on a desktop or server operating system, but with some slight modifications, can be made to look great on Embedded Operating Systems. You should have “Enable Enhanced Graphics” turned on in the Project-Viewer settings.
- Units (F or C) are not part of the symbol, just add “F” or “C” to the label if you need to show units.
Ideas for improvement:
- Alternative color backgrounds
- Create different sizes (need a different size, just let us know!)
- Allow for configurable increment/decrement values
- Add a simple trend of the PV and output to understand the reactions quickly
Unzip and copy the .sym file into your Symbol folder of where InduSoft Web Studio is installed. This is usually “C:\Program Files (x86)\InduSoft Web Studio v7.1\Symbol” or similar. Either create a new folder or copy it into an existing one, such as “Temperature Control”.
Got better ideas for this? Let us know!
Want to let us know what symbols you need, or offer some good ideas on how to use the ones we’ve shared?