InduSoft is always busy improving the tools that make developing applications easier and quicker, and we want to share our efforts with you! We’re working on creating one new symbol each week that you can employ in your applications. Please feel free to modify and share these symbols, and tell us what you want to see! We’re always interested in hearing from you what symbols or symbol libraries you’re looking for.
Here’s this week’s symbol, Joysticks
Custom Properties: DownButtonLabel, UpButtonLabel, Label, TagNameDown, TagNameUp
Description: This symbol replicates a 2 position joystick switch with a simulated rubber boot.
- These symbols were created primarily for use on a PC running on a desktop or server operating system, but with some slight modifications, can be made to look great on Embedded or even Mobile Access clients.
- These are made of 100% native InduSoft Web Studio object, no pictures.
- If you press the “Up button” it turns on that tag and turns off the downButton tag. Conversely if you press the down button it turns on the down tag and turns off the up tag. If you press the center circle, it turns off both tags and centers the joystick position.
Ideas for improvement:
- Make this a 4 position, by adding a left and right
- Make different sizes.
- Have several intermediate steps between the middle and the full position with additional Boolean tags, or a slider function with an analog tag so that that the output can be variable.
Unzip and copy the .sym file into your Symbol folder of where InduSoft Web Studio is installed. This is usually “C:\Program Files (x86)\InduSoft Web Studio v7.1\Symbol” or similar. Either create a new folder or copy it into an existing one, such as “Joystick”.
Got better ideas for this? Let us know!
Want to let us know what symbols you need, or offer some good ideas on how to use the ones we’ve shared?