This tabbed navigation is a great start to many applications, allowing users to quickly and easily move from one screen to another with a very familiar and comfortable interface design.
Properties: Tab1Label, Tab1Screen, Tab2Label, Tab2Screen, Tab3Label, Tab3Screen, Tab4Label, Tab4Screen, sCurrentScreen
- This symbol contains only native IWS objects.
- It uses Enhanced graphics (for shadows) that should be turned on in the Project – Settings – Viewer.
- This symbol is 30 pixels tall. The designed use is to put on a 30 pixel tall “header” screen and use it to open screens that are 30 pixels from the Top.
- The Tag sCurrentScreen should be created in your project as a string type tag. This will keep track of what is the current screen, and show the tab as highlighted and in front of the other tabs.
- The “Tab Label” is the label that appears on the tab and it can be different from the “Tab Screen” that must match the actual screen name.
- Before you touch or click on any of the tabs you should load the CurrentScreen tag with the name of the current screen
Ideas for improvement:
- Add different colors
- Add more tabs
- Add different tab styles, rounded corners, taller, 3D bevel, etc.
Here’s how to use this symbol:
Copy the .sym file into your Symbol folder of where InduSoft Web Studio is installed. This is usually “C:\Program Files (x86)\Wonderware InduSoft Web Studio v8.0\Symbol” or similar. Either create a new folder or copy it into an existing one, such as “Navigation”.
We encourage you to modify and share these symbols with other users. Your symbol might be perfect for someone else, or they might make an ideal symbol for you. We want your feedback, so tell us what symbols you want us to create for the next “Symbol of the week”! Tell us in this short survey