InduSoft is always busy improving the tools that make developing applications easier and quicker, and we want to share our efforts with you! We’re working on creating one new symbol each week that you can employ in your applications. Please feel free to modify and share these symbols, and tell us what you want to see! We’re always interested in hearing from you what symbols or symbol libraries you’re looking for.
Here’s this week’s symbol, Stack Lights
Name: StackLight_GYR_01.sym, StackLight_GYR_02.sym, StackLight_GYR_03.sym, StackLight_GYR_04.sym
Custom Properties: GreenTag, RedTag, YellowTag
Range (if applicable): On/Off (1/0)
Description: This symbol set provides 2 sizes of Red/Yellow/Green stack lights. Two of them have a “glowing” light behind the stack.
- These symbols were created primarily for use on a PC running on a desktop or server operating system, but with some slight modifications, can be made to look great on Embedded Operating Systems. You will should have “Enable Enhanced Graphics” turned on in the Project-Viewer settings.
- These are made of 100% native InduSoft Web Studio object, no pictures.
- The symbols that show the glowing light behind the symbol will look best on white backgrounds, but the “fill effects” colors can be edited to work with other backgrounds.
Ideas for improvement:
- Add more Colors
- Make different sizes.
- Add text next to each light
- Create blinking variations
Unzip and copy the .sym files into your Symbol folder of where InduSoft Web Studio is installed. This is usually “C:\Program Files (x86)\InduSoft Web Studio v7.1\Symbol” or similar. Either create a new folder or copy it into an existing one, such as “StackLights”.
Got better ideas for this? Let us know!
Want to let us know what symbols you need, or offer some good ideas on how to use the ones we’ve shared?