This week, we have an eye-catching multi-color slider that can be used for quickly evaluating values within a designated range. Perfect for industrial cooling and refrigeration applications, or any application that required monitoring values within a set range.
Range (if applicable): +/- 999 (maybe more)
Description: This symbol displays a sliding display that shows the value as it changes value. The user can slide it to change the value
1. These are made of 100% native InduSoft Web Studio object, no pictures.
2. This symbol was created primarily for use on a PC running on a desktop or server operating system, but with some slight modifications, can be made to look great on Embedded Operating Systems. You will should have “Enable Enhanced Graphics” turned on in the Project-Viewer settings.
3. The developer can set the number of decimal points to display within the indicator. The developer needs to test to ensure the desired values are displayed as you add more decimal points
Ideas for improvement:
1. Alternative color gradients
2. Increase the width to add a higher Min/Max
3. Add a #Label:”Label” custom property to indicate what the slider is changing/modifying.
Unzip and copy the .sym file into your Symbol folder of where InduSoft Web Studio is installed. This is usually “C:\Program Files (x86)\InduSoft Web Studio v7.1\Symbol” or similar. Either create a new folder or copy it into an existing one, such as “Symbols”.
Got better ideas for this? Let us know!
Want to let us know what symbols you need, or offer some good ideas on how to use the ones we’ve shared?