This symbol was suggested by Miguel Meza, and offers a great way to contextualize numbers in a radial progress bar. These symbols offer quick analysis on anything from valve pressure to completion times on processes. Colors, shapes, and sizes can be customized to match the look and feel of your application.
Range: 0 to 100
Properties: Background color (BGRed, BGGreen, BGBlue), Indicator color (IndRed, IndGreen, IndBlue), Middle Circle color (MiddleRed, MiddleGreen, MiddleBlue), and TagName
Description: This symbol was designed to give a colorful indication of progress (0-100%)
- This symbol contains only native IWS objects.
- The Background color should match the color of the symbol beneath.
- It allows for 16 million different colors for the inner circle and the indicator, using values of 0-255 for each red, green and blue (RGB)
- For some common color settings, search the Tech Ref for “Color Interface”. For example Dark Teal would be 0, 51, 102 (RGB)
- The example graphics all use the same symbol but different colors
Ideas for improvement:
- Add the option for units
- Add different sizes
- Change the text color
- Add the flexibility for other minimums and maximums
Unzip and copy the .sym file into your Symbol folder of where InduSoft Web Studio is installed. This is usually “C:\Program Files (x86)\InduSoft Web Studio v7.1\Symbol” or similar. Either create a new folder or copy it into an existing one, such as “Meters”.